Health & Safety Training with Worksafe
Last week, some of our team took part in Health & Safety training provided by WorkSafe Training.
Here at Tutors & Exams, the safety of our candidates and our team are our top priority and with this training, we got to experience hands on training with our very own manikins. This qualification equipped our staff with the skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if one of our candidates becomes ill or injured during their time at one of our centres and provide effective care for a wide range of common injuries and illnesses.
The course was delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74, for qualifying First Aid personnel:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
We were also taught how to provide care for:
- Suffered a burn or scald
- Injured bones, muscles or joints
- Been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas
- Suffered an injury to the eye
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack