Pearson Edexcel newly-accredited GCSE English LanguageAmy Russo
Introducing Pearson Edexcel newly-accredited GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0 for first teaching in 2021, available in the Summer 2022 series.
After listening to feedback from the English teaching community last year, Pearson Edexcel recognised that a ‘one-size fits all’ approach to English Language didn’t equally suit the needs, interests and progression of all students.They consulted with English Language teachers in developing a brand-new GCSE, which will motivate and engage students to equip themselves with lifelong skills and enable progression to further academic or vocational study and employment.
Their newly-accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0, for first teaching in 2021, provides:
- an engaging choice of contemporary texts, relatable modern themes and writing tasks to motivate students following a less traditionally literary pathway through their English studies
- real-world, applicable content providing a strong foundation for further academic or vocational pathways
- equally-weighted papers of 80 marks (50%) each
- a functional 19th-century non-fiction text element requiring no co-teaching of literature
- a fresh, new English Language course to motivate students required to re-sit.
For more information, please visit their website here.